Elisa's Blog
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
 
Yesterday I was really bored so after work I went off and auditioned for the concert choir at one of the local colleges. I showed up to first rehearsal, and was amused to see that there was not a single college student in the group and I was probably the youngest person there (and I'm not that young!).

But the interesting part was, that everyone there was so welcoming, attentive, and genuinely nice to me. Everyone I met went out of their way to make sure I got a score, that I had a good seat in the appropriate section, that I had a pencil to fill out the forms, even if it meant doing without for themselves, and was genuinely interested in finding out who I was. Everyone. And I wasn't even a full member of the choir yet.

So who knows, perhaps there's something about growing older and having seen your children grow into adults that somehow, finally, throws the selfishness switch off.

I wish that one day my switch gets turned in this way too.

10:30 AM 1/26/05


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger