Elisa's Blog
Friday, March 04, 2005
 
A few months ago I read an article in a magazine that was written by a woman who had against all odds survived some particularly serious kind of childhood cancer. In it, she recounted how one day, when she was around 27, she was walking along with her father in a park, and was telling him that that morning she had glanced in the mirror and had, to her dismay, discovered her very first grey hair. With the expected regret at the discovery of the inevitable loss of youth and beauty, she had said to him: "I think I'm growing old."

And her father said: "Yes, and isn't it wonderful?"



Growing old is a gift. Think about it. A lot of children in this world do not grow up to be adults.

Comments:
Hmmm its was intresting to read about your thoughts regarding the growing age. Here I would like to add that few weeks back I happened to read a novel by Noble Laureate Marquez, you might be familiar with the name. In that he has given a beautifull account of growing old.... you can read few quotes on my blog the post is named after the title of novel..Love in the time of Cholera
 
Some people only grow more beautiful in time (your prettiness appears to increase monotonically and one has to wonder just what your secret is -- perhaps I'll be so graced with handsomeness myself).

Nevermind the fear of old age -- you don't have anything to worry about.

Happy Birthday.
 
"I want to be young and wild, then I want to be middle-aged and rich and then I want to be old and annoy people by pretending to be deaf." - Blackadder
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger