Elisa's Blog
Saturday, April 09, 2005
 
One of the things I had forgotten about my hometown of Guadalajara is the richness and variety of blooming flowers that greet you as you drive into the city from the airport. When you live in a place where you only see flowers for two months a year, and they're shy, tiny wildflowers in three different color tones, it is a delight to sojourn for a few days here in my hometown, where the azaleas, bougainvilleas, hibiscus, jacarandas, and gardenias greet you in an explosion of hot pink, bright purple, shocking yellow, creamy white, and where the blooms are big and abundant filling the whole of your eyes, and where the jacaranda trees leave a delicate soft lavender rug on the sidewalks for days and days on end.

It is amazing, that for the full 14 years I had lived here, I'd never noticed this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger