Elisa's Blog
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
 
So today as I was walking down the street one of those microscopic baby Chihuahua rat dogs (which was being walked at the moment by its owner) suddenly charged at me as I went past. Now, I'm not a very big person, but nevertheless I must've been at least 10 times the size of that dog, since it's snout barely reached at about the level of my ankles. Even so, the audacity, the unexpectedness, and surprise of the attack was enough to make me quickly hop out of the way and nearly made my legs buckle over.


There's a life lesson in all of this, I'm sure. I just can't quite put my finger on it at the moment....




Oh, and then, still walking back to the office soon afterwards, cutting across one of the parking lots, I espied one of those gargantuan, obnoxious, showy pitch black 4x4 trucks which was parked in such a way as to occupy 4 full parking spots at once quite unnecessarily.


I'm sure there's also a meaningful philosophical life lesson in this one, somehow. For some reason though, today my brain just can't pin these kinds of things down. Weird, huh?

Comments:
Audacity, unexpectedness,surprise of the attack and let's say it negligence, and non civic education of the owner, fills exactly the shape of fear and run response.:))
 
I espied one of those gargantuan, obnoxious, showy pitch black 4x4 trucks which was parked in such a way as to occupy 4 full parking spots at once quite unnecessarily.

"And we look at them and go, What is wrong with these people?

"It's a bitter duality: We scowl at those who decide to chuck it all and who choose to explore something radical and new and independent, something more attuned with their passions, even as we secretly envy them and even as our inner voices scream and applaud and throw confetti.

And truly, this mind-set is the national plague.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger